Visit Herts Tourism Awards
Launched in 2017, the Herts Tourism Awards, in association with Go To Places, is an annual awards scheme for tourism businesses in Hertfordshire.
Hertfordshire's tourism businesses and the 40,000 people employed in the industry, drive the £2.2 billion visitor economy. The Herts Tourism Awards are designed to recognise and champion the talented individuals behind these businesses, their dedication and hard work.
The scheme is all about motivating tourism businesses to create compelling experiences and adopt best practice. It rewards exceptional standards of customer service and outstanding overall visitor experiences.
Following an initial round of judging by an independent expert panel, the winners are decided by a round of mystery shopping. Eligible county winners will automatically qualify for the Visit England national Awards for Excellence scheme.
This year there are 12 award categories, to represent the wide range of tourism businesses found in Hertfordshire.
- Entry is free to all tourism business entrants located in Hertfordshire.
- Winners will automatically get a chance to represent the county in the national Awards for Excellence operated by Visit England in 2021.
- Award winners and finalists gain a competitive edge through recognition of their commitment to excellence and quality standards.
- Receive extensive judges’ feedback on your entry and business practices.
- Award-winning businesses can attract high-quality staff and help increase staff motivation, loyalty and commitment.
- A win-win situation - completing an application is an excellent management tool and helps businesses focus on key aspects of managing the business and how they can develop and improve in the future- remember that all entrant will receive valuable feedback from the judges.
- Be recognised as an outstanding tourism operator and raise your business profile and reputation.
- Media exposure for finalists and winners targeting trade and consumer media.
- Reach Visit Herts consumers and trade contacts with newsletters featuring finalists and winners.
How to enter?
The Hertfordshire Tourism Awards entries will be opening in February 2020.
To view the category descriptors and eligibility criteria, click here.