What do I need to know to be a tourism business?
- The Business Development Team at VisitBritain provides business support, and Accreditation and Assessment Schemes to assist tourism businesses across England to continually increase the quality of the visitor experience.
How to run a tourism accommodation business
- Visit Pink Book Online – Want to know how to run your tourism accommodation business - this site covers day-to-day issues, legislation, marketing and much more
How to make your Accommodation Accessible
- This infographic is a great tool to help you make your holiday homes accessible to the disabled and older holidaymakers.
How to become a green tourism provider
- Visit www.better-tourism.org, register and carry out a self-assessment. This will give you ideas and tips on how to become greener.
How to Start your own tourism business
There are lots of resources and tools available to help you start your own business
- 10 steps to starting a business - provides a step-by-step guide on how to start a business, taking you through each of the key stages of the start-up process – from evaluating your business idea and choosing a company name through to designing your business cards, developing a website and, finally, getting ready to launch.
- http://www.startupdonut.co.uk/ - offers free advice, tools and resources on starting a new business.