Campaigning for the Sector
The Tourism Alliance have developed a letter for businesses to send to their MP asking the Government to provide the following support for tourism businesses as part of this year’s budget:
- Retain the 5% VAT Rate for 2021 and expand it to cover on-premises alcohol sales
- Extend Business Rates Relief and Reform Business Rates
- Extending Furlough Scheme for businesses impacted by social distancing or travel restrictions
It is written so that it is widely applicable to all businesses, although you are welcome to tweak it so that it better fits your specific circumstances – however, please do not change the three core asks.
You can do this quickly and easily using WriteToThem where you simply need to:
- Enter your postcode
- Select “Your MP” from the list of public official in their area
- Cut and paste the template letter into the box provided
- Enter their details where indicated
- Click send
Tourism Industry Emergency Response Group (TIER)
Visit Herts sits on the Tourism Industry Emergency Response Group (TIER) which currently holds weekly dial-in meetings with Government. This provides an important conduit for information from Government but also an opportunity to feed in performance and impact data directly to Ministers.
To feed into this group, we are tracking the impact on the sector by monitoring closures, event cancellations, reduction in footfall and forward bookings. Thank you to everyone who has been providing data to the team about this, please continue to send any relevant business updates to email@example.com. We are also monitoring performance through our monthly business barometer which you can sign up to here.